- Harvard College (A.B., Political Science and French, 2005)
- Howard University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
Bar Admissions & Memberships
- District of Columbia
- New York
Stacey J. Sublett is a member of the firm’s environmental regulatory and litigation practice groups. Ms. Sublett recently rejoined Beveridge & Diamond in February 2017, immediately following her political appointment as Special Counsel in the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Office of General Counsel.
During her EPA tenure, Ms. Sublett’s responsibilities included:
- Playing a major role in the Agency’s incident response and crisis management of such diverse matters as the Flint drinking water crisis, the Gold King Mine spill, and the legal defense of the Clean Power Plan.
- Advising the EPA Administrator and helping to oversee the activities of over 200 career lawyers in EPA Headquarters and 10 Offices of Regional Counsel across the nation.
- Serving as a senior member of the EPA oversight response team, advising on: congressional investigations and hearings; White House and interagency coordination; and crisis management and strategic communications.
- Serving as principal speechwriter for the EPA General Counsel, covering such topics as climate, litigation, and stakeholder outreach.
- Coordinating with the U.S. Department of Justice Environmental and Natural Resources Division to formulate strategy for EPA’s Clean Power Plan and Clean Water Rule, where impacted by congressional oversight.
- First-chair responsibility for federal and state outreach, including the Environmental Council of the States (ECOS) and National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG), as well as private sector engagement.
Ms. Sublett's prior work for Beveridge & Diamond includes representing a large municipal water utility in a variety of matters, including the successful negotiation of regional agreements, defense of the utility in complex civil litigation, and consultation regarding regulatory obligations. Prior to joining the Firm, Stacey was a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Anna Blackburne-Rigsby on the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.
Prior to attending law school at Howard University, Stacey was a litigation paralegal with a large law firm in New York. She received her undergraduate degree from Harvard College, concentrating in political science and receiving a citation in French.