- State University of New York at Albany (B.A., Political Science, 1989)
- Pace University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2003; Executive Articles Editor, Pace Law Review)
Bar Admissions & Memberships
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts: District of New Jersey, Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association, Environmental Law Section
Rusty Pomeroy advises clients on the identification and management of environmental issues in commercial transactions (e.g., commercial real estate acquisitions, sales and leases; corporate mergers and acquisitions; and loans and loan foreclosures); the remediation and development of contaminated sites; environmental insurance coverage review and placement; project and facility permitting and land use issues; and environmental litigation.
Since 2007, Rusty served as Global Environmental, Health & Safety Leader and in-house environmental counsel for the financial services unit of an American multinational conglomerate corporation. His corporate experience includes:
- Leading a team of 7 legal and technical environmental professionals in 4 countries overseeing due diligence and environmental risk for a $90B global commercial real estate business.
- Managing a broad range of projects including site remediation, Brownfields, litigation and environmental insurance matters.
- Analyzing and advising the company's risk and business leaders on environmental risks attendant to complex commercial real estate equity and debt transactions, as well as related to mergers and acquisitions, and drafting and negotiating related purchase and sale agreements, leases, loan agreements, guarantees and indemnities.
- Providing legal, technical, financial and regulatory advice to key stakeholders to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulation.
- Managing environmental issues attendant to the bulk sales of several GE Capital business units to execute on GE’s $200B global divestiture of its finance unit.
- Reviewing and placing environmental insurance policies to mitigate environmental risks.
- Developing and implementing corporate environmental risk management policies and procedures.
Rusty originally joined the firm as an associate in 2003, focusing on environmental compliance, facility and emissions permitting, and environmental and toxic tort litigation on behalf of private and municipal clients in the U.S. and Canada.
Prior to joining Beveridge & Diamond in 2003, Rusty served four terms as the Chief Elected Official for Sullivan County, New York, and was a New York State licensed realtor and insurance broker.