- Wesleyan University (B.A., College of Social Studies, with high honors, 1991)
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1997)
Bar Admissions & Memberships
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Federal District Courts: Southern District of New York; Southern District of California; District of Columbia
- American Bar Association, Chairman, Committee on Environmental Litigation and Toxic Torts of the Section on Environment, Energy and Resources
Daniel M. Krainin is a Principal in the New York office of Beveridge & Diamond, P.C. with more than 20 years of experience focused on environmental and toxic tort litigation. He has been named to the Super Lawyers
list for the New York Metropolitan area each year since 2011. He holds an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell rated by peers and members of the judiciary, is a past Chair of the ABA Environment Section's Environmental Litigation and Toxic Torts Committee, and currently co-chairs the New York State Bar Association Environmental Law Section's Toxic Torts Committee.
Mr. Krainin's litigation experience includes the following types of cases and responsibilities:
- Toxic Tort/Product Liability Litigation: Mr. Krainin is a lead member of a team of Beveridge & Diamond attorneys handling dozens of product liability cases related to alleged groundwater contamination involving a gasoline additive. Mr. Krainin handles and coordinates key aspects of the defense of these cases.
- Toxic Tort Defense: Mr. Krainin successfully defended two major trade associations against claims that they improperly promoted an agricultural chemical used on banana crops in Latin America, securing dismissal of the action early in the litigation.
- Hazardous Waste Site Remediation: On behalf of a group of potentially responsible parties (PRPs) that cooperated in the cleanup of a major hazardous waste site in western New York, Mr. Krainin won a favorable liability ruling under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA).
- Nuisance and Trespass Claims: Representing ten airline defendants that had been sued for nuisance and trespass by landowners near a major regional airport, Mr. Krainin secured dismissal early in the proceedings.
- Other Civil Litigation Matters: Mr. Krainin also has extensive experience in other civil litigation matters, including those involving contaminated properties, mass torts, breach of contract, insurance recovery, and other commercial litigation.
In addition to litigation, Mr. Krainin also counsels clients on developments pertaining to, and compliance with, federal and state environmental protection measures. He has chaired the Firm's Subsurface Contamination Practice Group and served on the Firm's Management Committee. He currently serves as a member of the Environmental Law Institute's Leadership Council and is President of the Law Firm Sustainability Network.
Before joining Beveridge & Diamond, Mr. Krainin served as law clerk to Hon. Carlos R. Moreno, U.S. District Judge for the Central District of California. From 1992 to 1994, Mr. Krainin was editor-in-chief of the environmental news service Greenwire.
Mr. Krainin received his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he won the school's 68th annual Moot Court Competition.